Saturday, March 3, 2018

I Did a Baking Class!

A while back our furnace died on a weekend. I ended doing a lot of baking the following day, because I had built up an ingredient inventory and what the hell, it would keep the place warm. The following Monday, I took the entire haul in to work -- there was no way we were going to even eat half of what I had made -- and one of my co-workers surprised me by asking to teach her and a few of her friends how to make these recipes at her house some weekend.

Since I've never taught or even taken a baking class, I was a little taken aback, but we went ahead and planned it. I assembled a selection of tried and true recipes, printed everything out, made a list of the ingredients and equipment that I could bring and what would need to be bought. On the day, I re-measured and bagged all of the dry ingredients, put half of my kitchen into the Civic, and rolled out.

It went really well! We had eight people total, and made four recipes in around three and a half hours. Everything turned out as intended, and nothing stuck to the pans. Small children present allowed that the brownies were acceptable. I'll post the recipes themselves separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment