Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sweet and Spicy Nuts

Hello! I've been neglecting this space lately, but since it's the holidays and I always make this recipe, I thought it would be nice to post here. Unfortunately I don't remember where it came from -- Bon Appetit, probably, it's from a time in my life when I used that a lot.

Sweet and Spicy Nuts

1 C sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 large egg white
6 C unsalted nuts - walnuts, pecans, natural almonds, cashews

  1. Preheat to 325. Grease 2 jelly roll pans,
  2. In small bowl, stir first 5 ingredients together. In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat egg white until foamy. Stir nuts into egg white. Add sugar mixture; toss until nuts are thoroughly coated.
  3. Divide nuts between jelly roll pans, spreading evenly. Bake 25-27 minutes or until golden brown and dry, stirring twice. (Check on them, you may need to rotate pans, one of mine gets done quicker than the other). Transfer nuts to wax paper to cool.
  4. Store tightly covered at room temperature up to one month.

No comments:

Post a Comment